Thanks for your interest in our minigrants. The deadline for this round of applications has now passed. Please watch the website to find out when the next round of minigrants will be offered. To stay on top of resources from 2BSD follow us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/2BSDonline/ and on Twitter @2BSDonline
We want to award $$ to help you create more self-determined lives, including your own!
2BSD invites students and educators (preK-postsecondary) to apply for a limited number of grants to support new activities to advance students’ and educators’ self-determination. These projects can help promote an individual student or teacher’s self-determination or it can be submitted as a group initiative.
Develop and support activities that will contribute significantly to 2BSD’s mission to create more self-determined lives.
Individuals or groups may request up to $1,000 to cover costs associated with their project. 2BSD does not provide overhead support or indirect costs to institutions or other entities assisting in administering the award. The total amount of funds awarded will be based on available 2BSD resources. The 2BSD awards committee will review the proposals and make the final funding decisions.
Any current student, educator or educational institution is eligible to apply.
Grant recipients are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete the project that is approved for funding within the projected timeframe.
- Submit a report about your experience with the project that will be posted on the 2BSD website and used in other efforts by 2BSD to help others learn about creating more self-determined lives.
Proposals must be completed using the form that can be accessed on the 2BSD website. The form will provide an opportunity for applicants to provide the following information.
- What do you want to do? Identify your goal and why you think it will help you and/or others become more self-determined.
- How does this project either reflect or promote the 5 steps of the Action Model for Self-Determination, i.e., Know yourself and your context, Value Yourself, Plan, Act, Experience Outcomes and Learn?
- How will this project help to meet your needs or the needs of others for autonomy, competence and relatedness?
- What are the small steps you will take to reach your goal?
- Who will be involved in the project?
- What is your timeline for completing each of the steps?
Additional material may be uploaded if it is helpful to explain what you want to do.
How much money are you requesting (up to $1,000.) and what will you use it for?
Proposal Deadline: May 1, 2019
Notification of Award: June 1, 2019
All activities must be completed by December 31, 2019 using a short form provided by 2BSD, This form will ask award winners to describe what they learned from the project, how self-determination was advanced and how they spent the money. The form is due no later than February 1, 2020. If your application is selected for funding, you will be asked to provide permission for us to share information about your project publicly so that we can announce you as an award recipient and help others learn more about self-determination. If you are under 18, this will include requesting your parent or legal guardian’s permission as well. This information sharing may involve, but is not limited to, website postings, presentations at conferences or educational events, or print publications.
Contact Sharon Field Hoffman at [email protected]